Tuesday, May 12, 2009

V for Vendetta

My personal rating scale:

5 *'s means WOW!One of my favorite movies :)
4 *'s means I enjoyed watching this movie!
3 *'s means This movie was okay..
2 *'s means I did not like this movie at all
1 * means I hated this movie A LOT!!


My personal rating for "V for Vendetta" is 3 *'s out of 5 *'s.





Director: McTeigue
Producer: Larry Wachowski and Andy Wachowski
Main actors:
Hugo Weaving ( as V)
Natalie Portman ( as Evey)
Stephen Rea ( as Inspector Finch)
Stephen Fry ( as Dietrich)


This movie actually has a whole bunch of genres, those are: Anarchist, Mystery, Postapocalyptic and Superhero. It takes part in England, London. Before the film, V for Vendetta was a series in black and white ( between 1982 and 1985)

The movie starts out with a young woman called Evey, who gets rescued from the state police by a masked vigilante known as "V", who takes on a future fascist dictatorship that came in britain after a big war.
V ignites a revolution when he detonates two London landmarks and takes over the government-controlled airwaves, he wants his fellow citizens to rise up against tyranny and oppression. But when Evez finds out the truth about V's mysterious background, she also finds out the truth about herself and she emerges to bring freedom and justice back to society.

I thought some parts of this movie were kind of really boring, but then on the other hand some were really exciting and I just wanted to know what would happen next.
The mask of V kind of really distracted me thoughout the whole movie, because it is smiling. Smiling to me means happiness most of the time, but sometimes he was screaming or he was mad, and I am sure behind the mask he was not smiling, that confused me a lot. But maybe they made it to really confuse or inspire people, I don't know.
I was also kind of amazed by Evey, because she shaved her head only for this movie ( i think) and that is really brave, because I would never do such thing.
About the movie, I can't really say that much, because I missed a lot of it, like a whole hour.
But I certainly saw the last scene and I really, really liked it. When V died and they put him into the subway and then the explosion. I just liked it how they made it, and also all the peopple that came to watch it with the V masks, I liked that, too. Although I did not really get, why the people that aleardy died came to watch it. But I also thought it was cool, how they pretended like the explosions were fireworks :)
And I thought it was interesting, because the Big Ben got destroyed through that and I have been there and that makes everything more exciting.
Well I think this movie had a whole bunch of symbols, but I can't remember all of them. But for sure the color black, roses, the mask, ...
I actually didn't think the movie was THAT bad, but it was not the best movie of all times.

Some quotes:
V: Remember, remember the 5th of November. The gunpowder, treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.

V: I don't have a name. You can call me "V".

Evey: Are you a Muslim?
Dietrich: No. I'm in television.

V: More than 400 years ago a great citizen wished to embed the fifth of November forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words, they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of government remain unknown to you, then I suggest you allow the fifth of November to pass unmarked.

Sources:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434409/quotes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_for_Vendetta

No comments:

Post a Comment