Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Simpsons

My personal rating scale:
5 *'s means WOW!One of my favorite movies :)
4 *'s means I enjoyed watching this movie!
3 *'s means This movie was okay..
2 *'s means I did not like this movie at all
1 * means I hated this movie A LOT!!



My personal rating for "The Simpsons Movie" is 2 *'s out of 5 *'s


Director: David Silverman
Producer: Al Jean
Main characters: Homer Simpson by Dan Castellaneta
Marge Simpson by Julie Kavner
Bart Simpson by Nancy Cartwright
Lisa Simpson by Yeardley Smith
Grampa Abraham Simpson by Dan Castellaneta


This movie is an Animation film, but it is also a comedy. Of course it is an american movie :)
and it is also based on the famous and popular TV show called "The Simpsons".
This movie came out in 2007 and for example in Great Britain it was voted for the best comedy of the year.

The movie "The Simpsons" was about a very complicated family, with mother and father and three kids. It also shows a lot about the problems in our time and it makes fun of all kinds of stuff, like bands, titanic, the government, spiderman, some other famous movies, Arnold Schwarzenegger...
But basically the whole movie is about this family that gets into fights, into trouble, etc.
First their Grampa has a prophetic vision in church about what things are going to happen in the future to their town called Springfield.
Lisa, the daughter, falls in love with a guy Collin and they decide to keep their town clean and they want everybody to participate and to stop pollutioning their lake.
Meanwhile, Homer the father of the family decides to adopt a pig. Of course, pigs have to poop and he has to clean it. So he puts the pig's sewer into a container and dumps it into the lake, that is supposed to be kept clean, but a radioactive leak from the Nuclear Power Plant causes danger for whole Springfield.The government decides to doom Springfield, they are even talkingabout dooming it FOREVER. Everybody in the town is angry with Homes, because it's his fault, they are all after him. After a wild and intense chase after them, Homer and his family manages to escape from the doom. Now they are moving to Alasca, and there they experience even more adventures...


I did not like this movie, but that's probably also because I really hate the TV show, too.
Although I think the movie was a liiiiiittle better than the TV show, I thought it was just really
exaggerated and not that funny at all.
The character I like the least is Homer. He is just way too stupid ( sorry, I don't mean to offend anybody who likes him :) Throughout the whole movie, he did the weirdest things somebody could ever do, and that's probably supposed to be his personality, but I could never spend more than 2 minutes with him.
I do not understand it when people say:" The Simpsons are sooo hilarious!", because I don't think it was that funny. Sometimes it was just so stupid, that you had to laugh.
Although some quotes from them were a funny.
But to me, this family just seems too messed up and it's disturbing that they are yellow, that's probably again just because I don't really like cartoons, just a few.
This movie has kind of a different humor from what I expect from a humorous movie, but
I guess you can watch it without falling asleep or cheering from happiness after it's over :)

Some funny quotes:
Marge Simpson: Mmmm, best kiss of my life.
Homer Simpson: Best kiss of your life, so far.
and
Grampa: [shouting from church floor] Twisted Tail... A thousand eyes... Trapped forever!
and
Girl on Phone: You hang up first.
Boy on Phone: No, you hang up first.
Girl on Phone: Okay. [hangs up]
Boy on Phone: What the-? She hung up on me!
and
Lisa Simpson: Mom, I've got to go find Colin.
Marge Simpson: Not now, sweetie. Doomsday is family time.

Sources:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462538/quotes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Simpsons_Movie
http://www.simpsonsmovie.com/
and I used the yellos sheet with the notes we had to take during the movie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment